PHP Manual (NEW!)
First Time PHP'ers
Help with programming
Sql assignment help
PHP Homework Help

C# Help

?
?Not connecting to MySQL
Author:??(---.z064003145.sjc-ca.dsl.cnc.net)
Date:???03-07-03 09:18

I have both MySQL and PHP up and running on a Mac under OS X Jaguar 10.2.3.

I wrote some php code to see if they were talking to each other and go the following warning

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /Users/arni/Sites/mysql_up.php on line 11

I think this means I either hae the host, the user or the password wrong. I am using 'localhost', 'mysql' as the user, and the password that I thought I gae it.

How can I be sure that the user and password are the ones I am using? I've tried everything that I can think might have happened; for example I used 'root' and no password, and so forth.

Thanks.

Arni

?Topics Author? Date
?Not connecting to MySQL??new
Arni McKinley 03-07-03 09:18?
?Re: Not connecting to MySQL??new
bastien 03-08-03 08:47?
Go to Top??|??Go to Topic??|??Flat View??|??Search?
??|??
?Reply To This Message
?Your Name:
?Your Email:
?Subject:
Email replies to this thread, to the address above.
??wrote: > > I have both MySQL and PHP up and running on a Mac under OS X > Jaguar 10.2.3. > > I wrote some php code to see if they were talking to each > other and go the following warning > > Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket > '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) in /Users/arni/Sites/mysql_up.php on > line 11 > > I think this means I either hae the host, the user or the > password wrong. I am using 'localhost', 'mysql' as the user, > and the password that I thought I gae it. > > How can I be sure that the user and password are the ones I > am using? I've tried everything that I can think might have > happened; for example I used 'root' and no password, and so > forth. > > Thanks. > > Arni ">??

Provided By
Phorum