Help with programming
Sql assignment help
PHP Homework Help

C# Help

?
?Cookies netscape/IE
Author:??(64.207.61.---)
Date:???09-30-03 11:14

Hello I have a section of my site that you select a project then it takes you to the next page and you select the sections based on the project you selected.

Now I am setting a cookie on the user's computer to remember the project & section they last selected so they do not have to reselect them.

It is working fine in Mozilla/Netscape/Galleon browsers but not IE.

I can even echo the cookie in all of the browsers but IE. I found the cookie file in my Documents folder and it is writing the correct id in for the project, just not retreiving it. Here is how I am setting the cookie :

//here we set a cookie for selecting a project
if (!empty($HTTP_POST_VARS["project"]))
setcookie ("Project", $HTTP_POST_VARS["project"],time()+60*60*24*30);

Then I build a dynamic droplist based on query results and have the set cookie as selected. Again this works everywhere else but IE.

Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time.

?Topics Author? Date
?Cookies netscape/IE??new
tripwater 09-30-03 11:14?
?Re: Cookies netscape/IE??new
tripwater 09-30-03 11:20?
Go to Top??|??Go to Topic??|??Flat View??|??Search?
??|??
?Reply To This Message
?Your Name:
?Your Email:
?Subject:
Email replies to this thread, to the address above.
??wrote: > > Hello I have a section of my site that you select a project > then it takes you to the next page and you select the > sections based on the project you selected. > > Now I am setting a cookie on the user's computer to remember > the project & section they last selected so they do not have > to reselect them. > > It is working fine in Mozilla/Netscape/Galleon browsers but > not IE. > > I can even echo the cookie in all of the browsers but IE. I > found the cookie file in my Documents folder and it is > writing the correct id in for the project, just not > retreiving it. Here is how I am setting the cookie : > > > //here we set a cookie for selecting a project > if (!empty($HTTP_POST_VARS["project"])) > setcookie ("Project", > $HTTP_POST_VARS["project"],time()+60*60*24*30); > > > > > > > Then I build a dynamic droplist based on query results and > have the set cookie as selected. Again this works everywhere > else but IE. > > > Any ideas? Thanks ahead of time. ">??

Provided By
Phorum