Sql assignment help
PHP Homework Help

C# Help

?
?Sorting columns
Author:??(---.in-addr.btopenworld.com)
Date:???10-03-03 04:21

Hi,

I'm new to PHP so need a bit of help. I am setting up a simple site which lists job numbers, client names, date for completion, etc.

I have set up the database, login, and table repeats. However, I would like to be able to allow the users to sort the columns by clicking on the column text/headers - for example if you click client name it will sort the whole table listing the client names from A-Z.

I've tried loads of different ways, but like I say I'm new to PHP so just guessing really. Does anyone have some sample code I could use or any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dean

PS: I tried to sort the table using ORDER BY xyz command - where I wanted the xyz to be a URL variable. I thought I could then use links such as .php?sort=client, .php?sort=date, etc. Is this possible in PHP as I could only receive errors - due to my inexperience in php!!

Help!!

?Topics Author? Date
?Sorting columns??new
Dean 10-03-03 04:21?
?Re: Sorting columns??new
bastien 10-03-03 05:33?
?Re: Sorting columns??new
Dean 10-03-03 06:16?
Go to Top??|??Go to Topic??|??Flat View??|??Search?
??|??
?Reply To This Message
?Your Name:
?Your Email:
?Subject:
Email replies to this thread, to the address above.
??wrote: > > Hi, > > I'm new to PHP so need a bit of help. I am setting up a > simple site which lists job numbers, client names, date for > completion, etc. > > I have set up the database, login, and table repeats. > However, I would like to be able to allow the users to sort > the columns by clicking on the column text/headers - for > example if you click client name it will sort the whole table > listing the client names from A-Z. > > I've tried loads of different ways, but like I say I'm new to > PHP so just guessing really. Does anyone have some sample > code I could use or any suggestions? > > Thanks, > > > Dean > > > PS: I tried to sort the table using ORDER BY xyz command - > where I wanted the xyz to be a URL variable. I thought I > could then use links such as .php?sort=client, > .php?sort=date, etc. Is this possible in PHP as I could only > receive errors - due to my inexperience in php!! > > Help!! ">??

Provided By
Phorum