Sql assignment help
PHP Homework Help

C# Help

?
?Please help!
Author:??(---.slis.indiana.edu)
Date:???10-12-03 17:55

I'm new to PHP and could really use some help! This is what I want to do:
I have a login screen that asks for a username and password.
I need to:
a. Verify that the correct login information has been entered. Usernames/passwords will be read in from separate text file (users.txt). The PHP
script should compare the data entered in the login to the data in the text file and:
a. If no user/password match is made: print an error message, asking the user to login again.
b. If a match is made, print a greeting that includes the name of the person who has just logged in, and a menu of options. The only menu option for now should be a button or link that allows a user to log out.
c. Use a cookie or session to track who has logged in.
If the user logs out, clear the users session or cookie and present a new login screen.

This info does not need to be secure--it is just for practice. I'm sure this is easy, but I sure could use some help!

?Topics Author? Date
?Please help!??new
sarah 10-12-03 17:55?
?Re: Please help!??new
Prophit 10-20-03 11:34?
Go to Top??|??Go to Topic??|??Flat View??|??Search?
??|??
?Reply To This Message
?Your Name:
?Your Email:
?Subject:
Email replies to this thread, to the address above.
??wrote: > > I'm new to PHP and could really use some help! This is what I > want to do: > I have a login screen that asks for a username and password. > I need to: > a. Verify that the correct login information has been > entered. Usernames/passwords will be read in from separate > text file (users.txt). The PHP > script should compare the data entered in the login to the > data in the text file and: > a. If no user/password match is made: print an error message, > asking the user to login again. > b. If a match is made, print a greeting that includes the > name of the person who has just logged in, and a menu of > options. The only menu option for now should be a button or > link that allows a user to log out. > c. Use a cookie or session to track who has logged in. > If the user logs out, clear the users session or cookie and > present a new login screen. > > This info does not need to be secure--it is just for > practice. I'm sure this is easy, but I sure could use some > help! ">??

Provided By
Phorum