Help with programming
Sql assignment help
PHP Homework Help

?
?system commands /PHP
Author:??(---.ozo.com)
Date:???10-03-05 01:37

Hi all!

I want to execute system commands through the functions provided by PHP (like exec, system etc)

In the LINUX machine in my work, everything seems to be OK, when, for example, I write system `ls`; and I print it on the screen.
In my home PC on the other hand, where I have winXP and the Cygwin platform installed, none of these works.

1) Is the Cygwin platform sufficient to run system commands or must I have LINUX machine?

2) Do I need to change anything in my php.ini file in order to 'activate' the system commands?

Thanx!

?Topics Author? Date
?system commands /PHP??new
kostas 10-03-05 01:37?
?Re: system commands /PHP??new
bastien 10-03-05 18:48?
Go to Top??|??Go to Topic??|??Flat View??|??Search?
??|??
?Reply To This Message
?Your Name:
?Your Email:
?Subject:
Email replies to this thread, to the address above.
??wrote: > > Hi all! > > I want to execute system commands through the functions > provided by PHP (like exec, system etc) > > In the LINUX machine in my work, everything seems to be OK, > when, for example, I write system `ls`; and I print it on the > screen. > In my home PC on the other hand, where I have winXP and the > Cygwin platform installed, none of these works. > > 1) Is the Cygwin platform sufficient to run system commands > or must I have LINUX machine? > > 2) Do I need to change anything in my php.ini file in order > to 'activate' the system commands? > > Thanx! ">??

Provided By
Phorum